If you hold only a foreign pilot license, or a U.S. pilot certificate based on your foreign pilot license, you will need to follow the instructions on the FAA website in order to add a U. S. single engine sea rating.


Go to the following website: FAA Website for Foreign Pilots. 

Then scroll down half-way to: Verify the Authenticity of a Foreign License, Rating, or Medical Certification.

The forms you need are at the bottom of the page:



Remember, the FAA would like you to apply ninety days prior to coming to the USA. The letter you receive from the FAA is in effect for six months.

If have questions, please email me at flyscenicmountainair@gmail.com 




Alaska Float Ratings Team